We are always looking for experienced and passionate professionals for our APX Team. See our open opportunities below. We want YOU if you are excited about working in the energy industry and for a company that invests in our talented employees.
Position Title: MARKET OPERATOR
Location: San Jose, CA
Market Operators routinely use APX MarketSuite technology and third party applications alongside and on behalf of clients. Market Operators implement client procedures, train clients in real-time and help solve client issues. Specifically, Market Operators communicate directly with power schedulers, traders, plant operators and regional operators via phone, email and IM to coordinate a variety of activities, including but not limited to: tagging, unit commitment, dispatch schedules, resource status, scheduling market status, and market conditions. Clear communication and attention to detail are critical in these daily interactions. Market Operators undergo a rigorous training and continued education program to stay well-informed of market changes. Further, Market Operators are required to maintain compliance with all processes, procedures, and standards applicable to this position including, but not limited to: internal procedures, FERC, NERC, ISO/RTO Tariff/BPM, and NAESB.
Additionally, Market Operators monitor and escalate any software, hardware or networking issues to ensure the technology is up and available 24 hours 365 days per year. Lastly as Market Operations are heavy users of APX’s MarketSuite technology, Operators play a large role with internal product testing and product feedback.
This position is required to work a rotating schedule includes some nights, weekends, holidays, and possibly emergency call-in (24/7/365 coverage is necessary).
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Technology, or related field
- 1-2 years prior experience in a Scheduling, Dispatch, and/or Real-Time operational role in at least one ISO. (CAISO, ERCOT, PJM, ISO-NE, NYISO, MISO, SPP)
- Demonstrated knowledge of NERC E-Tag creation and adjustments
- Excellent Customer Service showcased by a sense of confidence and understanding in difficult client communications
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to react calmly under high risk and high pressure situations is critical
- Exceptional attention to detail, analytical and time management skills
- Technical Proficiency in Microsoft OS and Office Suite
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of using ISO systems for outage reporting, scheduling and dispatching
- Working knowledge SCADA Systems
- Prior Control Center Experience
- Experience with testing Software or reporting software issues
- Basic SQL knowledge
HOW TO APPLY:
APX Power Markets is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates. Please e-mail your cover letter explaining why you are qualified for the position. Additionally, please attach your resume and salary history/requirements, in MS Word or PDF format, to APXHumanResources@apx.com. Please note that you are applying for the “Market Operator” position in the subject of the e-mail.